Ninjago Grief-Bringer

Hey everyone I hope you are having a good time on my blog! Today I will be going over a dragon in Ninjago called “Grief-Bringer” or the “Skull Sorcerer’s dragon.” This dragon is from season 13 of Lego Ninjago; if you haven’t watched it yet then this is a spoiler alert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Starting off, I will be telling you about who the Skull Sorcerer is. The Skull Sorcerer is an evil wizard who has a magical and evil skull. The skull has all the powers, for example without the skull, the Skull Sorcerer would be powerless! He wouldn’t be able to fly, his avatar would remain normal, and he couldn’t use his mind trick powers! I also think that the brains behind Grief-Bringer is the magical skull. Another idea is that Grief-Bringer was resurrected and still has a mind of its own. 

Moving to the Skull Sorcerer’s looks, he has a green and black robe, a white mask, dragon wings, and a hat. In the show, he uses his wings to fly almost everywhere he goes! And the Lego piece of his robe is actually a thick Lego block. 

Vangelis | Ninjago Wiki | Fandom

Now I will tell you about the dragon “Grief-Bringer!” (This paragraph will only be things in the show!) The history of the dragon is very interesting. Grief-Bringer was an ancient dragon that was locked up in the Dungeons of Shintaro. Grief-Bringer scared all who came to the dungeons, until a hero (Cole’s mother) killed it.

A long time after that, Grief-Bringer was resurrected by the Skull Sorcerer and his magical Skull. That’s why in the show, you would see a bone dragon instead of a real live dragon. Grief-Bringer was always going after the two fighting tribes, the Geckles and the Munces. But, the ninja came and helped the Geckles and the Munces work together to defeat the dragon. After that, Cole found out that the warrior that killed Grief-Bringer was his mother. 

Last but not least, in the final battle of season 13 Grief-Bringer was destroyed. While Cole was fighting the Skull Sorcerer and the ninja were fighting the skull warriors, Sensei Wu came in on Princess Vania’s dragon and defeated Grief-Bringer! Well, at least he weakened him. You see, Grief-Bringer can only be destroyed when the skull is destroyed because it’s alive from the magic of the skull. When the skull gets destroyed, Grief-Bringer gets finally destroyed.

Grief-Bringer | Better Together Crossover Wiki | Fandom

Now I will tell you about the dragon in Lego! 

Starting off, are the wings. The wings of Grief-Bringer are black and have small holes in them to attach to the body of Grief-Bringer. There are also Lego spikes in the corners of the wings.

In the middle of Grief-Bringer, there is a spot where the Skull Sorcerer sits. There are Lego joints connecting the wings to the body. You can see the bones sticking out of the center, which would be my favorite part because it looks nicely detailed! 

Going to the head of Grief-Bringer, he has a long neck and an opening and closing mouth, all made of bones. On the top of his mouth, you can see Lego spikes as the fangs of the mouth which is super cool!

Now we have the feet. Like almost every dragon, Grief-Bringer has 4 feet, and the nails are Lego spikes, which can move up and down. The Grief-Bringer’s texture is very bony and fun to play with! 

Last but not least is the tail! The tail has studs on the top, and white Lego bricks on the sides, which make it look very realistic. At the end of his tail, there is a black blade which looks cool. 

Grief-Bringer | Ninjago Wiki | Fandom

In conclusion, Grief-Bringer is a very interesting and an important part in Ninjago.